Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 11 - Tiny Gingerbread House

This is Day 11 of our Christmas Miniature Marathon. If you want, you may start at the beginning with little book ornaments.
I love making gingerbread houses with my kids for Christmas. So naturally when I found some little tiny wooden cubes at the Dollar Store I decided that I should make a little tiny gingerbread house for the dollhouse people.


There are many ways to do this. I used a wooden cube and some cardboard for the roof and a triangle to fill in the gap. I forgot to photograph the small chimney piece that I also cut out.



I assembled my house on top of a small rectangle of cardboard and painted the whole house brown with acrylic paint.


I used white yarn for snow and added some candy canes from Day 5. I glued on a few beads and the house is complete. You definitely might want to use a different kind of snow. I fear that the yarn looks a little bit, umm, hairy. White glitter might have been a better solution.

Be sure to check tomorrow's post, Day 12, a miniature old fashioned radio ornament!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment