Friday, October 26, 2012

Miniature fall scarecrows

Pin It

As Halloween approaches, our family usually visits a pumpkin patch or a harvest fest or two, and for the past 4 years we have made a scarecrow with the kids. This year we missed out on our harvest fest. due to rain, and did not make the annual scarecrow.
Sarah, showed me this adorable miniature scarecrow she made,above, and I was inspired to make one myself!


I love the pumpkin headed  scarecrows, and was inspired by Jack Skellington's entrance in the beginning of The Nightmare Before Christmas
A favorite movie around here.

There is no real tutorial for this, but it is still totally diy. The clothing was very simply, just cut felt or your chosen fabric in an "overall's shape", same for the shirt, and glue the sides together with the stick and bits of hay in between. Sarah used craft paper for her traditional faced scarecrow, and I used fimo clay for the pumpkin head.

Another reason these tiny scarecrows are better, at least around my house is I can save this guy, year after year. Our yearly, life size scarecrow, usually ends up in our backyard, long after he's wanted. Spring finally comes, and one of us (usually my husband) has had enough, and into the trash it goes, a soggy mess and hay everywhere.  Plus it usually takes me a few weeks to stop being startled by the scarecrow, every time I walk out the back door.




Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love this and so cute. Is the hat on the pumpkin head clay or felt? And by the way I would have been startled also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog post about miniature fall scarecrows is simply delightful! Your creativity and attention to detail in crafting these miniatures are truly impressive, and it's clear that you have a passion for creating beautiful, seasonal decor.
    Review Discount Code

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your charming creations and ideas. I'm looking forward to trying out some of these miniature fall scarecrows myself. And for anyone interested in saving on crafting supplies, "can you buy gas with walmart gift card" is definitely worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm constantly amazed by the relevance and timeliness of your blog posts. Your ability to stay current and address pressing issues is commendable."
    lowes 10 coupon generator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your artistic take on miniature fall scarecrows is truly charming! As you craft these delightful decorations, consider adding a touch of savings magic: explore 'jewson discount' for exclusive discounts on crafting supplies. May your fall creations be as enchanting as your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete